“The light of Letters”

“The light of Letters”

Category:  Temporary Εxhibitions

Start Date:  28 Nov 2013

End Date:  02 Mar 2014

Εxtension:  04 May 2014

Inauguration:  02 Mar 2014

Showroom:  Upper floor of the wing of temporary exhibitions “Kyriakos Krokos”

The exhibition was created by the Institute of Culture of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Bulgaria and by the Elena and Ivan Dujčev Foundation on occasion of the completion of 1150 years since the mission of Saints Cyril and Methodius and the creation of the Slavonic alphabet. On display are a number of important illuminated Slavonic manuscripts dating from the 10th to the 17th centuries, which constitute an important part of the European cultural heritage. Nowadays, they are kept in different museums and cultural foundations of the world. 

Institutions

Museum of Byzantine Culture in collaboration with the Consulate General of the Republic of Bulgaria in Thessaloniki and the Department of Balkan, Slavic and Oriental Studies of the University of Macedonia

 

Attachments